Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Controlling Purpose

Image courtesy of www.nzetc.org



After having a discussion with Professor Andrews I decided to alter my focus by opening up my topic to connecting current gang methods to tribal warfare. I'm still going to study the societal factors that shape gangs, but Professor Andrews pointed out to me how similar gangs are to ancient tribes by means of violence and reputation, so I believe I will have an easier and better time writing this paper by branching out to different subjects. Here is a look at my reformed controlling purpose:
In this essay I will explore the societal factors that are considered the key "ingredients" in forming a gang and connect anthropological studies of tribal warfare to current gang methods in hopes of determining multiple techniques that will steer society in the right direction to stopping such violence.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but I got that idea from the conversation *you* were having. =) So don't give me all the credit . ..

    ReplyDelete