Monday, October 26, 2009

Newer Controlling Purpose

Here is my controlling purpose taken right out of my first draft:

"As this essay progresses I will explore the societal factors studied by James Diego Vigil and Pierre Bourdieu that are considered the key “ingredients” in shaping a teen into a hardened thug (gang member) and connect anthropological studies of tribal warfare to current gang methods in hopes of determining multiple techniques that will steer society in the right direction to stopping such violence."


As of right now I am pretty satisfied with my controlling purpose. I do believe that it is specific enough and will aid in helping to answer my question of, "why do people join gangs and how can we prevent them from joining?" However, I plan on rewording the societal factors portion to include more authors or exclude listing authors at all.

Feel free to comment with your opinion of my controlling purpose. Good or BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment