Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Gangs
My research project is based around the question, "what causes someone to enter a gang?" I'm performing this research because personally it boggles my mind as to why would someone enter a lifestyle that typically calls for a short life span or an endless prison sentence. I want to locate the red flags that indicate a child's risk factor or their own reasons for joining a gang and in turn give someone who is close to a child with a high risk of turning towards a gang for guidance a chance to point them in the other direction. I believe this is an important topic because large amounts of teens are getting killed everyday over gang related disputes, which in my opinion are over senseless respect disputes that can be resolved in other ways than pulling a trigger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would suggest that it's mostly the quality of the individual that drives them into gangs. Granted there is environmental influences, but you have to be a certain type of person to want to pull a trigger and feel good about it. But that's just me.
ReplyDelete